About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2 who loves to bake rich desserts, create healthy dinners, and create homemade crafts. I'm always Hungry for the Homemade! Take some recipes, make them your own, and let me know how it goes.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My PJ Tradition...

2010 Christmas pajamas for my 7 year old son
My mom was an amazing homemaker, and with 4 kids I'm sure it wasn't an easy task to make matching Christmas pajamas most years. Opening some homemade pjs on Christmas Eve wasn't exactly the gift I wanted to open, but looking back at the pictures and the memories, it really was one of my favorite gifts. My kids (7 & 5) don't really care now, but making them jammies is a great love and tradition I hope to pass on. It's also a good way to remember what year was what in those early morning Christmas pictures, madly unwrapping and grinning ear-to-ear in front of their Christmas loot.
My daughter's pjs aren't done yet, but I'm using the same pattern and fabric, just adding red rick-rack to the cuffs. The pattern is from Walmart, was less than $3 and the fabric was bought on Black Friday for only $1.29/yard! These have been the cheapest pj's ever, coming in at only $3/ea. set.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Christmas memories are when all of my children were in matching pajamas! It is a wonderful tradition and I'm so happy you are carrying to the next generation! I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete