About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2 who loves to bake rich desserts, create healthy dinners, and create homemade crafts. I'm always Hungry for the Homemade! Take some recipes, make them your own, and let me know how it goes.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Obessed With Pumpkin

I want to eat healthy, but I sabotage myself with empty carbs and sugar as I snack all day long. Who's with me here? I crave pumpkin, cookies, and cinnamon goodness during the winter, so let's healthify our cravings, shall we?

 

Pumpkin Oatmeal, full of complex carbs and fiber to stick to your ribs and curb those morning munchies. Thank you again, Deceptively Delicious!


                   Ingredients
• 1 c. milk (I went with almond milk)
• 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar (I used Splenda)
• 1/4 c. pumpkin or sweet potato puree (I used canned pumpkin)
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional, but I included)
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
• 1 c. old-fashioned oats
•  2 tsp. natural peanut butter (optional, I find I like it better without)
• dried fruit and nuts (optional)
• Pure maple syrup to drizzle over the top when serving (which I forgot…)

1. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and cinnamon. Bring to a gentle boil and stir in the oatmeal.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the oatmeal is soft and creamy. Then stir in the peanut butter, if using.
3. Spoon the oatmeal into bowls, sprinkle with fruit and nuts if you like, and serve with maple syrup.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I'm so going to try! P.S You must certainly create a button so that I can put one on my Dear World blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (or ask your favorite blog-addict to help you create one ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a button, but you would have to help me make one! :-)

    ReplyDelete