About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2 who loves to bake rich desserts, create healthy dinners, and create homemade crafts. I'm always Hungry for the Homemade! Take some recipes, make them your own, and let me know how it goes.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Southwest Chicken Sausage Skillet

Quick, and full of lots of vegetables, fiber, and most importantly, FLAVOR!


This recipe was on the back of the sausage, and was a big hit, so I thought I'd share.

 Ingredients:
14-oz. Chicken sausage
1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 white onion, diced
1/2 green or red bell pepper, diced
2 cups frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained
2 cups cooked rice
Salsa, to taste
Shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top

  Cut Hillshire Farm Chicken Sausage, zucchini, onion, and bell pepper. Cook and stir in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and veggies are soft. 
I used roasted-red bell peppers, so I didn't add them until the onion/zucchini mixture was cooked.
 Stir in frozen corn, can of black beans (drained), and cooked rice. 
Season to taste with garlic salt, salsa, and top with cheese, if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment