About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2 who loves to bake rich desserts, create healthy dinners, and create homemade crafts. I'm always Hungry for the Homemade! Take some recipes, make them your own, and let me know how it goes.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spooky Decoupage Lanterns


These Jack-o-lantern jars were inexpensive and fun to make. 
You will need:
Left over jelly, pickle or sauce jars
Mod Podge
Colored tissue paper
Decorative ribbon, not much
I'm a little embarrassed to show you the Taste of Home inspiration-link because my skills aren't nearly that of the magazine, but here is the original idea and instructions.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holiday---Celebration-Recipes/Halloween-Recipes/Halloween-Decoupage-Lanterns?pmcode=IKJKA07T&_mid=715132&_rid=715132.564401.574331 

Aren't they cute?! I want to make a few more with some stripes and cluster them on my entry table. Warning: This is  a pretty messy project, I'd recommend wearing latex gloves. I've been peeling Mod Podge off my fingers all evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment