About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2 who loves to bake rich desserts, create healthy dinners, and create homemade crafts. I'm always Hungry for the Homemade! Take some recipes, make them your own, and let me know how it goes.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thai Chili Cashew Chicken

I am in love with this dish! So healthy and full of robust flavor, a little spice, and lots of good fresh ingredients. I make most of my recipes just to use up the ingredients I have in the fridge/freezer and this is one of my most successful. 

Thai Chili Cashew Chicken
Put all the following ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
(I had leftover chicken from fajitas, so that what I used)
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1 in fresh grated ginger
2 cloves minced/crushed garlic
1 Tbsp sesame oil

 In a hot frying pan, add:
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 cup matchstick carrots
Cook for 2-3 minutes
 Add to this the chicken mixture, and 
4-5 sweet mini peppers
1/4 cup Thai Chili sauce
Cook for 5-7 minutes until warm, then add
a handful of unsalted cashews.

Serve over 2 cups of jasmine rice, brown or enriched white. This dish tastes fantastic along with some of Lean Cuisine's Thai-Style Chicken Spring Rolls from the freezer (6 rolls per box). Use the Chili sauce for a spicy dip, so good! Cooks in less than 30 minutes, and serves about 5.

 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment